Monday, May 10, 2010

The End is Near

The time has come: the final blog. This entire blog has been for an English class, and now a few questions must be answered...

1- What kind of mind are you?

Personally I think that I fit under the respectful mind and the synthesizing mind. The respectful mind describes one who "welcomes differences between opinions and seeks to work effectively with them" and I think I have displayed this trait in my various posts concerning different views of jazz and in the comments I have made on other blogs. The Synthesizing mind portrays a person that "takes information from various sources and evaluates objectively and then puts it together in order to make sense" which I think describes how my post function. I took many different ideas such as art and dance and dress and connected them to an overall picture of jazz.

2- List three exemplified traits

I have: Experimented with new ideas though my exploration in topics I previously knew little about, such as jazz dance or art. Additionally I have Exhibit curiosity through my encouragement of having readers comment their favorite music ans, thoughts, etc. I think simply by looking at many different aspects of jazz also implies curiosity. And finally, I feel I exhibit Reading with awareness of self and others when I post blogs with a positive and open mind; none of my post condemn other types of music or opinion.

3-What have you realized or learned that surprised you most after developing your blog?

Honestly, I think one of the most surprising things I learned through this project was the amount of self-pride created among my peers. The amount of blogs that reeked of self-importance was appalling. I believe I succeeded in focusing on the topic rather than making my post a monologue of my egotistical thoughts. I also learned more about how the jazz of the past has influenced modern jazz and many aspects of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment